Felipe Massa has expressed surprise that his former Sauber teammate Nick Heidfeld has been left without a race seat in 2010.
Full story...
The CTS family is growing faster than Tiger Woods' legal bill. Cadillac kicked off their second-generation 3-Series threat with a rear or all-wheel-drive sedan, added a 556-horsepower performance model, and has just tossed a wagon into the mix, too. Look for a Coupe coming very soon as well. Like the sedan, the Sport Wagon is currently available with two V6 engines and All Wheel Drive (AWD).
Full story...
Fernando Alonso pleaded ignorance on Thursday when asked about an erupting controversy between Felipe Massa and the Spanish press.
Full story...
The FIA has made obsolete the position of a formula one veteran while Jean Todt says he has no intention of trying to emulate Max Mosley in retaining the FIA presidency for many years.
Full story...
Ford Focus RS WRC driver Mikko Hirvonen got his quest for the 2010 World Rally Championship drivers' title off to the best possible start today by winning the opening round of the series, Rally Sweden.
Full story...
Ralf Schumacher fell heavily whilst skiing in Austria last month, according to the Cologne publication Express. It is reported that the 34-year-old German, who is vying to return to formula one this year, had to undergo surgery on his right shoulder in the wake of the January 18 crash in the state of Vorarlberg.
Full story...
Four teams look to be in the hunt for the 2010 world championship, Michael Schumacher predicted after last week's Jerez test. When the four-day session at the often damp Spanish circuit ended, the German had set just the eighth quickest lap time of all -- albeit ahead of his Mercedes GP teammate Nico Rosberg.
Full story...
Dallara owner and boss Gian Paolo Dallara has confirmed the Italian constructor is pushing ahead with its F1 plans for 2010. The Parma based outfit, famous for its F3 chassis as well as for its involvement in the Indycar, GP2 and other junior series, was commissioned by the new Spanish entrant Campos to pen its 2010 car.
Full story...
Few cars have this much weight on their shoulders, I mean fenders. After all, the Genesis sedan (which is a totally different machine except for the name) received so many trophies and accolades, none bigger than the 2009 North American Car of the Year award.
Full story...
The Explorer Sport Trac continues to play the half SUV/half pickup card, with a front and rear seating section like the regular Explorer, but with a small truck bed (just over 4 feet). The available hard tonneau cover is lockable and weatherproof.
Full story...
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the world's best-selling two-seater roadster going on sale in the UK, Mazda is introducing a special version of the legendary Mazda MX-5 sportscar called, appropriately, the 'Mazda MX-5 20th Anniversary Limited Edition'.
Full story...
After an extensive and over-the-top sweepstakes last year when Cherry Bomb gave away their highly
publicized project Dodge Charger on national television, owner Paul Banks knew it was time to outdo himself
on the next one. His plan: to team with YearOne and recreate his own version of the 1968 Camaro, one of the
cars largely responsible for the early success of the Cherry Bomb Glasspack brand.
Full story...
Despite avoiding an accident on lap seven, Danica Patrick's NASCAR debut on Saturday at Daytona International Speedway was cut short after she was caught up in a 12-car crash about half-way through her first Nationwide race.
Full story...
Mikko Hirvonen (Ford Focus) put his advantage to 16.6 seconds to Sebastien Loeb (Citroen C4) after day 2 in rally of Sweden.
Full story...
Red Bull figures on Wednesday said they were flattered that so many rival cars now resemble the Milton Keynes-designed single seater. After the RB5 finished the 2009 season as the dominant car, many new contenders have hit the test tracks this winter resembling features of the Red Bull.
Full story...
David Coulthard has this week been gearing up for his debut test at the wheel of a DTM car. The Scot, who is contemplating returning to the race cockpit with the German touring car series, has been at Spain's Circuito Monteblanco.
Full story...
On the last of four days of testing at Jerez on Saturday, the new Virgin team finally began putting some representative laps on the board. It has been a torrid first ever test for the new British team, having grappled with a front wing failure and faced criticism that choosing to pen the VR-01 without a wind tunnel was not a wise idea.
Full story...
Lewis Hamilton could be at the wheel of an Australian V8 Supercar for a race next year. Team Vodafone boss Roland Dane said this week that the McLaren driver and 2008 world champion would have raced in 2009 if the newly launched Gold Coast SuperCarnivale did not clash with the Korean grand prix.
Full story...
Lotus has put on hold plans to relocate in the near future to Malaysia. When the new team's official entry was confirmed last September, the FIA said Lotus' plan was to be based at the Sepang circuit.
Full story...
The F1 Commission last week confirmed that extending the gap between first and second places in 2010 to 7 points is to "further encourage the race to win". But Sauber driver and Grand Prix Drivers' Association chairman de la Rosa said according to Spain's El Pais newspaper: "Changing the scoring system will not change anything, because the drivers always want to win."
Full story...